by Michael Morpurgo
War Horse Chapter 6 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Joey and the rest of the horses get a little seasick on the boat ride across the Channel.
- When they dock, we no longer see London, but we do see France.
- The men try to put on brave faces, but it takes a while for Joey to get accustomed to the noise of bombs and gunfire.
- During his first battle, Joey ends up as a horse without a rider. He loses Captain Nicholls in the charge.
- Nicholls's friend Captain Stewart tells Joey that Nicholls died leading the charge. He also says that Nicholls would have been proud of Joey.
- We're not sure if horses can cry, but we sure need a tissue right about now.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...