The War of the Titans Study Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Is there any difference between history and mythology? If so, what is the difference? How do you think it plays out in the story of the war of the Titans? Is it at all possible that people will one day read American history and call it mythology?
- What can a story like this one teach us about ancient civilizations?
- Why do you think Hesiod gives us so few details about the actual war between Titans and Olympians? Wouldn't that have been more exciting?
- What's the role of family in this story?
- Is it important for us to know the order in which the gods where born? Why or why not?
- Do you think that Gaia is justified in asking for Uranus to be punished? Why or why not?
- Does knowing that there are many, different versions of this story change the way that you read it? How would things be different if there were just one accepted story?
- Besides news reporting, can you think of other examples where people have pieced together a story from multiple sources?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...