Warm Bodies Step 3: Living Summary
How It All Goes Down
- The stadium guards introduce the changing zombies to the Living public, letting them know that the zombies are now trying to adapt.
- Getting into this adaptation thing, M starts hitting on Nora. And she kinda likes it.
- Meanwhile, back at the airport, the Boneys are starting to slow down and stop for good.
- The Dead children are starting to Live again. To celebrate, they're making photo collages. Not of death, like the Boneys made, but of life.
- Finally, at the stadium, Julie asks R if things will ever return to the way they were ("I hope not," he says [3.1.49]), if he remembers his name ("My name is R," he says [3.1.57]), and if he wants his old life back.
- "I want this one," (3.1.59) he says.
- He decides that he and Julie will "fight the curse and break it. We will cry and bleed and lust and love, and we will cure death. We will be the cure. Because we want it" (3.1.62).
- The end.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...