Water for Elephants
Cite This Page
Water for Elephants Chapter 25 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
- That night, Jacob hangs out with the man, Charlie, and tells him his life story. Jacob says that it's the first time he's told someone how August died: the fact that Rosie killed August was the one thing he always kept from Marlena.
- Jacob gives a rundown of his life: he and Marlena stayed with Ringling and then he ended up working at a zoo. They had a wonderful time, but it went by too fast. Now here he is. Wow, that's sad.
- Charlie is a great audience for this story, but they are interrupted by a policeman who's looking for Jacob.
- To Jacob's surprise, Charlie covers for him, claiming that Jacob is his father. They manage to fool the cop and Jacob decides he wants to stay with the circus. Charlie thinks about it, and agrees.
- Finally, Jacob is happy again.