When You Reach Me Chapter 13 Summary
The Winner's Circle
- Mom is turning into a pro at the speed round, but now it's time to practice for the Winner's Circle – the round where she can win big money. (And by big, we mean $20,000 big.)
- In the Winner's Circle, the celebrity partner will give Mom clues until she guesses what category they all belong to.
- Miranda gives us an example: If the celebrity says, "tulip, daisy, rose," then the answer would be "types of flowers" (13.2).
- The round also gets harder because the celebrity partner can't use hand gestures – which is why Miranda is tying down Richard's hands with a clove hitch knot when he gives Mom the clues.
- Practice is harder this time. Mom only gets four out of the six categories. Everyone is silent. Mom finally says, "We still have two more weeks" (13.38).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...