When You Reach Me
When You Reach Me Chapter 15 Summary
Things That Smell
- In this chapter we meet Colin, an "attention-seeking" skater guy who starts hanging out with Miranda and Annemarie at lunch (15.1).
- It was Colin's idea, we learn, to get them all jobs at Jimmy's shop making sandwiches and washing greasy trays during their lunch period each day.
- Who in their right mind would hire sixth graders to work for 45 minutes each day? Jimmy, that's who.
- He doesn't pay the kids money, but he does let them make a sandwich from the fixings tray (no meat, only lettuce and toppings). He also has a weird Fred Flintstone bank that he warns them not to touch.
- Miranda thinks he's creepy; Annemarie thinks he's creepy, but still nice.
- Every day the kids bring their sandwiches back to school and eat them during silent reading period. Usually they get away with it, though Julia complains about Colin's pickle-smelling sandwich.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search