When You Reach Me Chapter 16 Summary
Things You Don't Forget
- Miranda returns home from school that Friday, but something is wrong. The door's unlocked. That never happens.
- Inside, Miranda feels like she isn't alone. She drops her stuff and runs to Sal's apartment.
- Sal opens the door just a crack and says maybe she just forgot to lock it. He doesn't invite her in.
- Miranda goes back upstairs. When her mom gets home later that night, she says there's no way she could have left the door unlocked – she never does.
- During dinner, her mom figures it out. They check the fire hose in the hallway, and indeed, the key is missing. Why steal a key, though, and take nothing?
- The following Monday Miranda finds her first note from "you."
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...