When You Reach Me Chapter 17 Summary
The First Note
- This chapter tells us about the first note from "you." It had tiny handwriting and Miranda found it in her school knapsack. It was addressed to "M."
- The note said, "I am coming to save your friend's life, and my own" (17.2). It then asked two favors: first, that Miranda write a letter, and secondly, that she mention the location of her house key.
- The note says that the writer will "not be myself when I reach you" (17.2).
- Miranda and her mom are freaked. Her mom changes the locks. They both agree it is weird that their key would go missing and then a note would appear asking for the key. It was "backward" (17.6).
- A tiny bell starts ringing in Miranda's head.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...