When You Reach Me
Cite This Page
When You Reach Me Chapter 19 Summary Page 1
- Miranda invites Annemarie over to her house. Thankfully the boys aren't standing out on the corner (they'd taken to calling Miranda "baby" and things like that).
- The Laughing Man, though, is on the corner, and he calls Annemarie "Angel" – which kind of makes sense because she's wearing a white jacket that goes down to her toes (19.17).
- Miranda sees her apartment for the first time through someone else's eyes and takes note of all the dinginess of the living room and bathroom.
- Fortunately, Miranda's bedroom is pretty normal, and Annemarie compliments it.
- Miranda and her mother walk Annemarie home. Mom meets Annemarie's father, and the two get along.
- Mom eats some powdered donuts that the father offers her and laughs at Miranda for not taking any. She gets powder on her T-shirt, which slightly embarrasses Miranda.