When You Reach Me
When You Reach Me Chapter 20 Summary
The Second Note
- Miranda finds the second note on a day in November when she's counting sandwich rolls at Jimmy's. The note is in the bag of rolls.
- The note addresses Miranda by her name. It says that she must tell a "true story" and that most of what will be in the story has not yet taken place (20.4). The postscript asks her not to share the note with anyone – like she did the first note.
- Miranda is really freaked out by this.
- Meanwhile in the shop Jimmy goes out to a delivery truck and Colin and Miranda decide to find out what's in the Fred Flintstone bank. It turns out that it's filled with two dollar bills folded up into triangle shapes.
- While they're trying to get in the bank, Miranda's head touches up against Colin's. She feels him smile.