When You Reach Me
by Rebecca Stead
When You Reach Me Chapter 26 Summary
- The Friday after Thanksgiving, Louisa brings over the leftover bags of potato chips that she saves from the meals at the nursing home. Mom takes them to the "pregnant-jailbird 'parenting group'" she runs downtown" (26.5). She says it helps them feel like they're still people.
- Louisa mentions that she misses seeing Miranda around. It's the first time she's said anything about that.
- At dinner that night, Mom is in a bad mood about her work at the office (broken copy machine, letters to type) and snaps at Richard, who was in court all day.
- Richard comes in while Mom is doing the dishes and asks where his extra pair of work shoes are.
- Gone! They were robbed after all.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...