When You Reach Me
by Rebecca Stead
When You Reach Me Chapter 32 Summary
The First Proof
- One day at work, the roll count does indeed come up short. Jimmy is, of course, ecstatic and runs off to call the bread company.
- Colin remarks that he's sick of cheese sandwiches, and so he and Miranda pack up their food and stop by the pizza place on the way to school.
- They're late getting back and burst into the classroom. Julia rolls her eyes. Mr. Tompkins fusses mildly.
- At her desk Miranda thinks about the first item on the note: "3 p.m. today: Colin's knapsack" (32.11).
- Right at three she goes into the coat closet and looks in Colin's knapsack. What does she find? The missing rolls from Jimmy's.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...