When You Reach Me
When You Reach Me Chapter 36 Summary
Things That Turn Pink
- Right before Christmas vacation, it snows and the kids spend the morning working on their Main Street projects.
- Colin, Miranda, and Annemarie walk to Jimmy's, but, when they do, he slams the door in their faces.
- Why? Someone's stolen the Fred Flintstone bank – and Jimmy assumes it's them. He tells them to get out and not come back or he'll call the police.
- The three friends are puzzled. They eat pizza and discuss who would have taken the bank. They decide to write Jimmy a letter – or send him a card. Annemarie offers to buy the card.
- They go to Gold's Stationery, a fancy store with leather diaries and expensive pens.
- Annemarie picks out a card with a rose and shows it to Colin. He shrugs his shoulders. That's not the response she was looking for, apparently.
- She asks the cashier to put the card on her dad's account. Colin asks if she'll buy him some baseball cards, and she says she can't.
- After school, Annemarie and Miranda go to Annemarie's house, where they write Jimmy a note telling him that they didn't take the bank and they'd like to come back to work.
- Annemarie and Miranda hang out and make plans for what they'll do over Christmas vacation. Miranda tries not to think about what Sal would be doing – playing basketball until the first big snow, probably.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search