When You Reach Me
by Rebecca Stead
When You Reach Me Chapter 39 Summary
The Second Proof
- Christmas comes and Miranda buys her Mom some purple glitter nail polish and striped tights, even though she thinks the tights look dumb. She gets Richard an erasable pen.
- Miranda gets a sweater, crispy ginger cookies, and something really special: a first-edition signed copy of A Wrinkle in Time from Richard.
- The inside is signed by Madeline L'Engle: "tesser well" (39.10). The second proof from the note!
- Miranda realizes that it's not a game. She also realizes that whoever wrote that note knew about these things before they happened.
- Miranda goes to her room and reviews all the notes. Who sent them? Is she in danger?
- She looks at the second note that says not to tell anyone. She feels alone.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...