When You Reach Me
by Rebecca Stead
When You Reach Me Chapter 44 Summary
Things That Are Sweet
- At Julia's house, all the cookbooks are non-fat and Julia's mother is nowhere to be found. We learn that she is meditating in the walk-in closet and is not to be disturbed.
- Miranda calls her Mom many times to ask about the recipe. Mom asks Miranda where Julia's mom is – and says they can't use the stove till she supervises them.
- Miranda and Julia retreat to her room, which is full of, ruffled things and books. Julia says her mom bought all the ruffled things and that she won't let her put her space posters up.
- Miranda notices a copy of A Wrinkle in Time on Julia's bedside table. Miranda tells Julia about her first edition.
- Julia says Miranda is lucky – all Julia ever gets are clothes and jewelry, which she likes, but she likes other stuff too.
- They watch television. Julia says Miranda's hair is the color of caramel.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...