When You Reach Me
Cite This Page
When You Reach Me Chapter 47 Summary Page 1
Things That Heal
- Miranda and her mom visit Sal and Louisa downstairs.
- Miranda has some time alone with Sal, and the two have a heart-to-heart. Miranda wants to know why Sal doesn't like her anymore.
- Miranda thinks it all started the day that Marcus punched Sal, but apparently it didn't. Apparently Sal was dropping hints all the time, not showing up to walk with her. He needed space.
- Miranda asks when they can go back to normal and Sal points out that their relationship before wasn't really normal. They only had each other.
- Sal reminds her about the week she was out sick from school, and he had no one to talk to so he had to eat lunch alone. The tone is light but also serious.
- Miranda says he should have told her, but Sal says he tried to drop hints, but she didn't get them.
- Louisa comes in and says Sal is getting tired. She gives Miranda a tight hug on her way out.