When You Reach Me
Cite This Page
Miranda Timeline and Summary
- The postcard for $20,000 Pyramid arrives.
- Miranda considers writing the letter for "you."
- Miranda narrates the story of the events that happened last fall.
- She watches Sal get punched by Marcus.
- Miranda and Sal stop walking home from school together.
- Miranda makes friends with Annemarie.
- She brings Marcus to the dentist.
- She and Annemarie begin working at Jimmy's with Colin.
- Miranda gets the first note, then gets the second note.
- Miranda tells us about "lifting the veil."
- Jimmy kicks Julia out of the store.
- The Laughing Man is running around on the street in his birthday suit.
- Annemarie has a seizure.
- Miranda finds out that Annemarie has epilepsy.
- Annemarie tells Miranda that she got a rose on her doorstep.
- Miranda gets the third note.
- She gives the Laughing Man a sandwich.
- Annemarie sleeps over at Miranda's apartment.
- Jimmy fires Miranda, Colin, and Annemarie.
- Jimmy makes racist remarks about Julia. Miranda and Annemarie fight.
- Miranda gets a first-edition of A Wrinkle in Time for Christmas.
- Miranda and Annemarie reconcile.
- She becomes Alice Evan's bathroom partner.
- Miranda calls a truce with Julia.
- Miranda and Colin kiss.
- Miranda sees the Laughing Man save Sal, then figures out the Laughing Man wrote the notes.
- Miranda calls her mom to save Marcus from the police at school
- Sal tells Miranda why he stopped walking home from school with her.
- Marcus tells Miranda why he punched Sal.
- Miranda's mom appears on $20,000 Pyramid.
- Miranda figures out that Marcus is the Laughing Man and the Laughing Man is Marcus.
- Miranda's mom wins.
- Miranda writes Marcus's letter.