Connie Timeline and Summary
- Connie is a 15-year-old girl who doesn't get along with her mother or sister.
- One night she and her friend are dropped off at the local shopping plaza.
- They run across the highway to a drive-in where older teens hang out.
- At the drive-in, Connie is picked up by a boy named Eddie.
- On the way to his car, Connie exchanges glances with a strange guy, who makes a threatening comment.
- Connie and Eddie go out to eat at a different restaurant and spend some time in his car together.
- Connie meets up with her friend back at the shopping plaza and they go home.
- At some point later in the summer, Connie is left alone at home on a Sunday when the rest of her family go out for a barbecue.
- A car pulls up in the driveway: it's Arnold Friend and Ellie Oscar.
- Connie stands in the doorway as Arnold steps out of the car.
- Arnold asks Connie to drive away with him but she refuses.
- After some banter, Connie realizes that Arnold is a threat and asks him to leave, but he threatens to harm her family if she doesn't leave with him.
- Connie runs into the house and makes a desperate attempt to call the police, but she breaks down in terror instead.
- Connie eventually acquiesces to Arnold and steps out of the house to join him.