Who Has Seen the Wind? Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What kind of voice does the speaker use for the poem? Why is it helpful to use this sort of voice in a nursery rhyme?
- What's the point of repeating the title and refrain? How does the repetition contribute to the poem's sound?
- Is there a common meter in the poem? If so, how does it affect the way we read and hear the poem?
- How does personification add to the poem's themes and imagery? Would the poem have sounded any different without personification?
- Why is the wind so mysterious in real life and in Rossetti's poem? How does the speaker capture the mystery of the wind in the poem?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...