Who Has Seen the Wind?
Who Has Seen the Wind? Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What kind of voice does the speaker use for the poem? Why is it helpful to use this sort of voice in a nursery rhyme?
- What's the point of repeating the title and refrain? How does the repetition contribute to the poem's sound?
- Is there a common meter in the poem? If so, how does it affect the way we read and hear the poem?
- How does personification add to the poem's themes and imagery? Would the poem have sounded any different without personification?
- Why is the wind so mysterious in real life and in Rossetti's poem? How does the speaker capture the mystery of the wind in the poem?