Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
by Gregory Maguire
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Volume 2, Chapter 1, Part 4 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- It's the second semester at Shiz, and Galinda is still stuck with Elphaba as her roommate.
- Morrible refuses to let her move. She also gives Galinda some unsolicited career advice and tells her that she would make a great sorcery major. Galinda says whatever.
- But then Madame Morrible ups the ante:
"In the event you choose sorcery, it might – just might – be possible to find for you a new roomie." (188.8.131.52)
- Galinda is suddenly sold on sorcery.
- We learn that Elphaba is going to major in "natural sciences," which is surprising, since this book is supposedly about her being a witch and all. False advertising or red herring? Well, keep reading.
- Galinda is nervous around Morrible and doesn't trust her at all.
- Morrible now hints that there is something wrong with Elphaba's sister, who will be coming to study at Shiz next year.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...