Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Volume 2, Chapter 2, Part 7 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Boq and Avaric find a crowd of girls standing outside Crage Hall. People appear upset.
- Then some people bring out Doctor Dillamond on a stretcher. His throat has been slit, and he is dead.
- Galinda begins the story: Ama Clutch noticed something in Doctor Dillamond's lab last night and went in to investigate.
- Galinda breaks down and Elphaba continues: Ama Clutch was missing at breakfast and Doctor Dillamond missed the morning lecture.
- When the girls went to investigate, they found Ama Clutch in the hospital and learned that Dillamond had been murdered.
- Ama Clutch seems to have gone insane. She is talking to inanimate objects as if they were real, just as Galinda once claimed she did:
[Ama Clutch] reached a shaky hand out to the nail and picked it up and held it in her palm, tenderly, and she talked to it. (22.214.171.124)
- They should call in the Mentalist or something; he'd solve this mysterious insanity/murder thing in a jiffy.
- Boq is horrified and can't listen to any more:
He could not watch the departure of the corpse, when they trundled it away. For it had been clear, with a glimpse of the Goat's still face, that whatever had given the doctor his enlivening character had already disappeared. (126.96.36.199)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...