Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
by Gregory Maguire
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Volume 2, Chapter 3, Part 4 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Boq has gotten over his crush on Galinda and finds Glinda to be a very different person.
- They are now part of a circle of friends that includes the Thropp sisters, Crope and Tibbett, Avaric, sometimes Pfannee, Shenshen and Milla, and the new Vinkus kid, Fiyero.
- Kids get married early in the Vinkus, so Fiyero already has a wife. He is also a tribal prince.
- One evening Grommetik fetches Nessa and Elphaba and forces them to go see Madame Morrible.
- The girls have a letter from Frex and a package.
- Frex is going to fast in protest of the Wizard and he asks how Nessa is doing.
- He has also sent Nessa a gift: a pair of special shoes that he made for her. (Can you guess what color?)
- There's nothing in the package for Elphaba:
Elphaba went on her knees before her sister. Nessarose sat as regal as any Ozma, spine erect and face glowing. Elphaba lifted her sister's feet and slipped off the common house slippers, and replaced them with the dazzling shoes. (126.96.36.199)
- That evening the group of friends go out for drinks.
- Fiyero talks about his "marriage" and how he hasn't really met his "wife" yet. He's eighteen now, and they won't live together till he's about twenty.
- The Thropp girls talk about their childhood some, and Nessa lets it slip that Elphaba can sing.
- The group pressures Elphaba into singing a song and she does.
- This totally bodes well for the musical version.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...