Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
by Gregory Maguire
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Volume 2, Chapter 3, Part 5 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Early one morning Grommetik comes for Glinda.
- Ama Clutch is dying.
- Glinda and Elphaba go to be with her.
- Glinda tries to apologize and Elphaba chastises, or scolds her:
"I just mean cut yourself out of the conversation; this is her death, not your interview with the Unnamed God." (18.104.22.168)
- Glinda then performs a spell, and Ama Clutch finally regains her senses, though she is still dying.
- Ama Clutch is very sweet and peaceful about her crappy fate, and she refuses to hear Glinda try to apologize.
- She also reveals the identity of Dillamond's killer: it was Grommetik. Ama Clutch walked in on the robot holding the bloody knife.
- Elphaba says she knew it all along.
- After a few more minutes, Ama Clutch dies.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...