Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Volume 2, Chapter 3, Part 7 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Boq heads off with everyone else to the Philosophy Club.
- This place sounds like a sort of risqué cabaret, which is interesting given that the Emerald City under the Wizard bears some resemblances to pre-Nazi Germany. Cabarets in Germany were often sites of political discussions as well as partying. Want to read more about cabarets? Check out this site.
- When they arrive, an old woman named Yackle gives them their tickets. (Remember her? She's the one who gave nanny the pills for Melena!)
- A dwarf shows them inside, telling them that "You all go in together or you don't go in at all. That's the rule of the house" (184.108.40.206).
- Inside is a huge mixed crowd and everyone is dancing.
- The group starts to get uncomfortable, except for Avaric and Shenshen.
- Their tickets are called and the dwarf leads them into a back room with some other people and Animals.
- There's some sort of incense in the air and everyone is feeling drugged and high.
- There is a stage in the middle of the room. The dwarf picks a woman, a Tiger, and Tibbett from the audience and drags them up onstage for some sort of sex show/orgy.
- Before things get underway and totally out of control, the dwarf announces, "So now, let the true, clandestine study of knowledge begin" (220.127.116.11).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search