Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Volume 3, Part 3 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Elphaba finally asks when Fiyero is going to go home. He says he has no intention of leaving for the Vinkus anytime soon.
- He also complains about his wife ignoring him, his wife's sisters hitting on him, and the fact that his marriage is very political. It sounds a bit like The Tudors or something with all the power plays and intrigue.
- They talk about marriage some more and Elphaba basically admits that she's married to her work and starts to cry.
- The tears burn her skin and she gets more agitated. She tries to dry her eyes with a blanket.
- Fiyero goes to comfort her:
The blanket hung between them, chin to ankles, but seemed about to burst into flame itself, or roses, or a fountain of champagne and incense. Odd how the richest images bloomed in the mind when the body itself was most alert. (3.3.13)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search