Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Volume 3, Part 4 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Elphaba and Fiyero begin having an affair.
- Fiyero gets a little sappy and Elphaba gets less...snarky. Well, she tries at least.
- She disappears for days at a time on super-secret business.
- We dig the irony of having the 1939 movie The Wizard of Oz revolve around killing the Wicked Witch while Wicked the book revolves around the Witch trying to kill the Wizard.
- Elphaba reads political philosophy a lot and reveals her code name in the resistance cell to Fiyero: Fae.
- She uses her knowledge of moral and political philosophy to let Fiyero off the hook for adultery:
"I don't exist," said she, "so you're still not being unfaithful, either."
"Let's not be unfaithful right now then," he said. (3.4.10-11)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...