Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Volume 4, Chapter 1, Part 4 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- After leaving the Scrow camp, Igo dies. They bury him in the grassland.
- The group now enters Arjiki tribal lands, which is Fiyero's tribe.
- Elphaba settles into her disguise as a witch and likes it since it makes people a little afraid of her. They tend to leave her alone now.
- The night before the gang arrives at Kiamo Ko, the big castle home of the ruling Arjiki clan, Killjoy captures a tiny creature stranded out in a lake.
- Elphaba wants to rescue it, but it's in the water:
But her feet went out anyway --
They hit the water hard, the water hit hard back --
The water turned to ice as she ran .... (18.104.22.168-9)
- Elphaba reaches the creature and discovers that it's a small monkey.
- She names the monkey Chistery.
- The group arrives at Kiamo Ko and Liir gets out with Elphaba and her menagerie of animals: crows, bees, Killjoy the dog, and Chistery the monkey.
- We're thinking that the residents of Kiamo Ko aren't going to be too thrilled with these guests.
- Elphaba just shrugs when Liir comes with her:
[A]nd so Liir prepared to enter his father's house. (22.214.171.124)
- Major plot revelation!
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search