Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Volume 4, Chapter 2, Part 2 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Elphaba makes herself at home at Kiamo Ko by stalking around and looking awkward and uncomfortable.
- Meanwhile, Liir befriends Sarima's kids, his secret half-siblings. This is turning into a soap opera.
- Liir's secret siblings are all super welcoming, and Manek shows his hospitality by mocking Liir and threatening to push him off a tower. Oh, wait.
- Yes, Manek is a huge punk.
- The kids also make fun of Auntie Witch, as they've dubbed her, and ask Liir about her magic broom.
- Liir doesn't know if it's a Nimbus 2000 or a Firebolt. He does say that the broom talks to him, but he won't repeat what it says.
- Manek continues to rag on Liir and scares him; Liir ends up wetting his pants, which is really sad. Poor kid.
- He finally says that "The broom told me – that – that – you're all going to die!" (184.108.40.206).
- The other kids find this less than surprising, since everyone will die one day.
- Sarima tells Elphaba that she's pretty much snowed in at Kiamo Ko for the winter.
- Elphaba wants to go live in a cave or something and Sarima thinks she's nuts.
- Sarima awesomely calls Elphaba out on her desire to cast off her burden of guilt (and give it to Sarima instead) and then disappear and probably die.
- She says that she won't hear what Elphaba has to say, so she can just shut up and hang out at Kiamo Ko.
- Elphaba is defeated and upset, but she finally gives in.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...