Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Volume 4, Chapter 3, Part 3 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Nor is having a great time with the soldiers and acting pretty flirty.
- One day she decides to clean the soldiers' rooms for them and borrows Elphaba's broom.
- The broom starts moving around and hovering. Nor hops on it flies high up in the air.
- Elphaba spies her and orders her to come down. She tells Nor to stay away from her stuff and from the soldiers and stomps off.
- But then Elphaba tries the broom out herself and discovers that she too can fly.
- She practices at night and "She felt like a night angel" (184.108.40.206).
- A trader comes by with news: Munchkinland has seceded from Oz and Nessarose is now head of the new Free State of Munchkinland.
- Elphie decides she ought to go check up on her younger sister, so she sneaks off at night and flies on her broom to Munchkinland.
- She doesn't tell anyone that she's gone, since she expects to return soon.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...