Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
Cite This Page
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Volume 4, Chapter 3, Part 7 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
- Elphaba hops on her broom and flies back to Kiamo Ko.
- On her journey Elphaba thinks deep thoughts about religion and life – her own life especially.
- She tries to work out the mystery of Yackle and Madame Morrible and their involvement in her life.
- When she arrives back at Kiamo Ko, a frantic Nanny lets her in.
- It seems the soldiers suddenly said they needed to take Sarima and her entire family back to their base camp for "protection."
- The sisters tried to put up a fight, but the soldiers hauled them all off.
- Nanny has no idea what has happened to them. Liir is also missing.
- Elphaba is devastated by this turn of events:
For, from time to time, she imagined she could hear the sound of water lapping against the sides of the fish well, as if the legendary underground lake were rising to drown them all. (220.127.116.11)