Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
by Gregory Maguire
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Volume 5, Part 1 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Everyone in Oz is buzzing about the tornado.
- The religious groups all think it's punishment, maybe even the end of the world. The scientists think the universe is splitting apart. The journalists think it's the most sensational thing ever. But basically no one knows what it was or how to describe it.
- There's also a ton of jokes in the media about Nessa's death.
- Having a house literally fall on your head really does lend itself to humor.
- Everyone in Oz is also buzzing about the arrival of an alien named Dorothy. It's just like V.
- All right, boys and girls, we're getting to the showdown we've all been waiting for. Let's roll.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...