Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Volume 5, Part 16 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- The monkeys successfully bring back Dorothy and the Lion.
- Nanny and Liir welcome them to Kiamo Ko, the worlds freakiest hotel.
- Dorothy is very polite and asks to see the Wicked Witch of the West.
- The Witch appears and confronts her for the first time about Nessa's death.
- Dorothy profusely apologizes and shares her own grief at losing her parents in a boating accident.
- The Witch thinks, "What a most peculiar murderer she is turning out to be" (5.16.37).
- Everyone goes down to dinner.
- This might be the most awkward dinner party of all time.
- Liir and Dorothy chat, Chistery babbles, Elphaba fumes and makes nasty remarks, and Nanny asks "what?" a lot and starts singing Happy Birthday to cheer Dorothy up. Wow.
- The Witch finally loses her patience and tries to haul Dorothy off for a private conference.
- The others protest this and a big scuffle ensues.
- The Witch finally has the Lion and Toto locked in the kitchen and leaves Liir to guard them.
- Dorothy comes upstairs with her to talk.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search