Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
Cite This Page
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Volume 5, Part 8 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
- The Witch is tipsy from dinner and wanders off to a park.
- There she runs into the dwarf and the Clock of the Time Dragon.
- Elphaba is really having one heck of a reunion tour.
- The dwarf is creepy and starts telling her about herself and her future.
- He tells her he's from another world and came to Oz to guard the Grimmerie:
"You work with Yackle."
"We sometimes have the same intentions, and we sometimes do not. Her interest seems to be different from mine."
"Who is she? ..."
"In the world I come from, there are guardian angels," said the dwarf, "but so far as I can work out, she is an opposite number, and her concern is you." (5.8.26-27)
- The dwarf then tells Elphaba that she's a hybrid of the two worlds, his own and Oz. And he adds a "duh" to the end of that.
- He then shows Elphaba her own personal Clock of the Time Dragon play.
- Act One shows Saint Aelphaba disappearing behind the waterfall.
- Act Two shows the Wizard giving Melena a green bottle labeled Miracle Elixir. She drinks it and falls into his arms and the two have sex.
- Act Three shows a black stage.
- The dwarf then gives Elphaba the mirror that Turtle Heart made for her and leaves:
Inside the glass lived reflections of a young and beautiful Fiyero, and a young and impassioned Fae. The Witch took the mirror and hid it in her apron, and wandered away. (5.8.44)
- The next day Madame Morrible's death doesn't make the morning paper.