by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Winter Dreams Section 5 Summary
- The romance with Judy fizzles after one month. What a shock.
- It takes Dexter some time before he feels bad about the affair, even though he really hurt Irene and her parents.
- Dexter realizes two things: he will always love Judy Jones, and he will never have her. Not a great situation to be in.
- Even though Dexter sees that Judy is a manipulative liar, he still doesn't blame her.
- Our main man goes east in February of the next year after this disastrous month with Judy.
- It must be 1917, because America joins the First World War (for more on the war, check out Shmoop's learning guide).
- Dexter hands over his laundry management to his business partner and joins the Army.
- Actually, he feels some relief to be escaping the emotion of his life.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...