Polixenes Timeline and Summary
- 1.2: Polixenes is ready to go home to Bohemia but Hermione convinces him to stay.
- 1.2: Polixenes learns from Camillo that Leontes wants to kill him (for supposedly sleeping with his wife), so Polixenes and Camillo high-tail it out of Sicily and head for Bohemia.
- 4.2: Sixteen years after his escape from Sicily, Polixenes decides to spy on his son, Prince Florizel, who has been spending a lot of time in the countryside.
- 4.4: Polixenes wears a disguise and attends the sheep-shearing festival, where his son proposes to Perdita (without Polixenes’ permission).
- 4.4: Polixenes whips off his disguise and goes “Ah ha! You’re not marrying a country bumpkin,” and then threatens to scratch up Perdita’s pretty face and sentence the Old Shepherd to death.
- 5.1 Polixenes chases Florizel and Perdita to Sicily.
- 5.2: We learn that Perdita’s true identity has been discovered, so Polixenes is cool with the marriage.
- 5.3: Polixenes makes nice with Leontes and witnesses the “resurrection” of Hermione.