The Witch of Blackbird Pond
The Witch of Blackbird Pond Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why are the people of Wethersfield afraid of Hannah Tupper?
- What does it mean to be a “good neighbor”?
- How are John Holbrook and Kit Tyler similar? How are they different?
- What do the meadows symbolize?
- Hannah Tupper becomes a scapegoat for the Puritan community of Wethersfield. Can you think of other scapegoats from history?
- What is a “witch trial”?
- Why does Kit decide not to return to Barbados at the end of the novel?
- Where is Kit’s true home? Where is yours?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search