by Roald Dahl
The Witches Chapter 22 Summary
It's Off to Work We Go!
- That same night at dinner (a nice Norwegian feast), our narrator asks his grandma what will happen now that they have destroyed The Grand High Witch.
- When Grandmamma tells him that someone will replace her, and that all the witches won't disappear, he is not pleased. He worries that everything they did was for nothing.
- Once again, it's Grandmamma to the rescue. Through her cunning, she had called the Chief of Police in the town where Hotel Magnificent was located and managed to get the home address of the GHW. This very same address is where the new GHW will be living with all her assistants, and guess where it is? Norway. Boo-yah!
- Grandmamma and her grandson dance around in excitement, anticipating our narrator's journey into the castle where the new GHW will live, snooping around, and of course, giving Mouse-Maker to all the witches inside. They know the recipe, after all.
- One little problem, though. How will they kill all the witches once they've been turned into mice? They couldn't take them on alone, and of course the witches are too smart to be lured into traps. But wait, there's a solution: cats.
- Once the mice-witch are all kitten dessert, Grandmamma and her grandson will go through the records of the GHW and find the names and addresses of every witch everywhere in the world.
- They will take an around-the-world trip and turn all the witches throughout the world into mice. It will keep them busy for the rest of their lives, but they're up for the challenge.
- Most importantly, it will sure be fun.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...