The Woman in Black
by Susan Hill
The Woman in Black Chapter 2 Summary
- It's November. Twenty-three year old solicitor Arthur Kipps is going on a business trip for his boss, Mr. Bentley.
- He's headed to the home of recently deceased Alice Drablow to sort out her affairs and attend her funeral.
- Alice lived on a distant estate called Eel Marsh House outside the town of the unpleasantly named Crythin Gifford.
- Mr. Bentley tells him that it'll take at least a day or two to sort everything out, and then sends him off to take the train.
- (If this reminds you of the setup to another spooky novel, you're not alone.)
- Yeah, this should be fun.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...