The Woman in Black
The Woman in Black Chapter 7 Summary
Mr. Jerome is Afraid
- The next day, Arthur wakes up and decides that he is so done with this whole Drablow affair.
- He's going to pass the whole thing off to Mr. Jerome.
- The landlord lends him a bicycle, and he pedals off to see Mr. Jerome, feeling pretty good about things.
- His good mood vanishes when he gets to Mr. Jerome's office.
- Mr. Jerome is very squirrely about the whole thing and says no way, no how, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
- Or something like that.
- But he does say some vague things about stories and ghoulish things, without a lot of detail.
- Time for plan B: Arthur writes a letter to Mr. Bentley explaining that Eel Marsh House is quite an undertaking and he'll have to be here for several days to sort it all out.
- Yeah, we don't think that's much of a plan B either.
- Then he goes on a nice long bike ride to clear his mind.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...