Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching Women's MovementsTeacher Pass
Teaching Women's Movements Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- Does it seem curious or logical that many feminists did not place securing the vote at the top of their reform agenda?
- Was this rooted in a pragmatic assessment of the political possibilities?
- Were other reforms more compelling?
- Did they fell unprepared or unsuited for political participation?
- How important is the right to vote to social and economic advancement?
- Do you think the women's movement was ever a majority movement?
- Did the majority of all American women support the women's movement?
- Did the majority benefit from the achievements of the movement?