Sample of Reading Quizzes
Questions1. On what six-word slogan did Woodrow Wilson base his presidential re-election campaign of 1916?
2. What disaster in 1915 drew American public opinion to support the Allied forces in the war abroad?
3. In what year did the United States enter World War I?
4. Which advancements in warfare technology helped make World War I the bloodiest war the world had witnessed thus far?
5. What is the name of the treaty that marked the official end to World War I?
Answers1. "He Kept Us Out Of War."
2. The sinking of the Lusitania ocean liner in 1915, with the death of almost 1,200 people, 128 of them Americans, drew public opinion to the Allied side.
4. The development of the machine gun, tanks, airplanes, and barbed wire.
5. The Treaty of Versailles.