The Yellow Wallpaper
The Yellow Wallpaper Part 3 Summary
- The Fourth of July has passed. The narrator has had some company, but now she is tired.
- John threatens to send her to Weir Mitchell if she doesn’t get better, but she doesn’t want that – she’s had friends treated by the man and apparently he’s just like John.
- Her mind grows more chaotic as she begins randomly crying.
- She stays alone in her room or walks in the garden.
- She grows more obsessed with the wallpaper and is determined to find a purpose to the pattern.
- It tires her out and she decides to take a nap.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...