Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories
by Dr. Seuss
Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories The Big Brag, Lines 13 – 22 Summary
A Good Ol' Fashioned Bicker Session
- It's a good thing this is a kids' book, because it doesn't take much to get these two arguing like three year olds. Actually, they're probably worse than three year olds.
- The good thing about this situation, though, is that no matter how highly each party might think of himself, his divine right as ruler hasn't been previously established.
- So the Big Bear can risk saying "Poo!" not once but twice, and he can force the rabbit to prove himself based on merit.
- And you know what? The rabbit actually considers this in a way Yertle the Turtle never did. He asks himself, "What CAN I do?"
- Final verdict? He can declare that he has better hearing than anyone else out there. How 'bout them apples?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...