Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching the 1960sTeacher Pass
Teaching the 1960s Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- Why the 1960s? Why would a particular decade inspire so much idealism and commitment to reform?
- Does it have something to do with the decade that preceded?
- Why might the 1950s leave so many believing that a "new America" should and could be produced?
- Was it Eisenhower? Elvis? Little Rock? Sputnik? Prosperity?
- Does it have something to do with the world war that ended fifteen years prior?
- Or the Cold War waged since?
- How would you characterize the last decade (2000-2010)?
- How about the new decade? (2010-2020)?
- Do they have a definable spirit?
- Do they differ from one another?