Judicial Branch & Supreme Court Teacher Pass
The judicial branch is the most glamorous branch of government—just check out the stylish robes on the Notorious RBG. Let's take a tasteful peek behind the robes, shall we?
In this guide you will find
- activities analyzing judicial review, judicial activism, judicial restraint, and other terms that begin with the word "judicial."
- a timeline activity chronicling the changing size of the court.
- discussion questions on the Articles of Confederation, the Federalist Legacy, and more scandals than an episode of The Good Wife.
Judge Shmoop finds this teaching guide guilty…of being stellar.
What's Inside Shmoop's Civics Teaching Guides
Shmoop is a labor of love from folks who love to teach. Our teaching guides will help you supplement in-classroom learning with fun, engaging, and relatable learning materials that bring civics to life.
Inside each guide you'll find quizzes, activity ideas, discussion questions, and more—all written by experts and designed to save you time. Here are the deets on what you get with your teaching guide:
- 4-10 Common Core-aligned activities (including quotation, image, and document analysis) to complete in class with your students, with detailed instructions for you and your students.
- Discussion and essay questions for all levels of students.
- Reading quizzes to be sure students are looking at the material through various lenses.
- Resources to help make the topic feel more relevant to your 21st-century students.
- A note from Shmoop's teachers to you, telling you what to expect from teaching the topic and how you can overcome the hurdles.