Right to Bear Arms Teacher Pass
Say hello to controversy.
You won't find any machine gun-toting grizzlies here—the right to arm bears is a different lesson entirely. The right to bear arms is about the second amendment and one of the most contentious.
In this guide you will find
- activities analyzing data on gun ownership and violent crime.
- lessons exploring firearms' place in American culture.
- articles exploring the always-prominent debate surrounding the amendment.
We advocate the right to bear knowledge, so you've got that covered.
What's Inside Shmoop's Civics Teaching Guides
Shmoop is a labor of love from folks who love to teach. Our teaching guides will help you supplement in-classroom learning with fun, engaging, and relatable learning materials that bring civics to life.
Inside each guide you'll find quizzes, activity ideas, discussion questions, and more—all written by experts and designed to save you time. Here are the deets on what you get with your teaching guide:
- 4-10 Common Core-aligned activities (including quotation, image, and document analysis) to complete in class with your students, with detailed instructions for you and your students.
- Discussion and essay questions for all levels of students.
- Reading quizzes to be sure students are looking at the material through various lenses.
- Resources to help make the topic feel more relevant to your 21st-century students.
- A note from Shmoop's teachers to you, telling you what to expect from teaching the topic and how you can overcome the hurdles.