Reconstruction Teacher Pass
No plastic surgery needed.
Reconstruction may not be glamorous, but it's still important.
In this guide you will find
- activities analyzing historical documents of the time period.
- modern articles on the legacy of Reconstruction.
- historical resources on the Civil War and Jim Crow in America.
Our teaching guide can help you construct a lesson more successful than Reconstruction itself.
What's Inside Shmoop's History Teaching Guides
Shmoop is a labor of love from folks who love to teach. Our teaching guides will help you supplement in-classroom learning with fun, engaging, and relatable learning materials that bring history to life.
Inside each guide you'll find quizzes, activity ideas, discussion questions, and more—all written by experts and designed to save you time. Here are the deets on what you get with your teaching guide:
- 3-5 Common Core-aligned activities (including quotation, image, and document analysis) to complete in class with your students, with detailed instructions for you and your students.
- Discussion and essay questions for all levels of students.
- Reading quizzes to be sure students are looking at the material through various lenses.
- Resources to help make the topic feel more relevant to your 21st-century students.
- A note from Shmoop's teachers to you, telling you what to expect from teaching the topic and how you can overcome the hurdles.