Manifest Destiny Teacher Pass
If it’s your destiny to teach Manifest Destiny (and the Mexican-American War), make sure you bring our teaching guide with you to explore this complex conflict.
In this guide you will find
- lessons examining the American response to war with Mexico.
- an activity analyzing an image of “American Progress.”
- discussion questions exploring ideologies, politics, and war.
And much more.
We’ve manifested your destiny, and things are looking good.
What's Inside Shmoop's History Teaching Guides
Shmoop is a labor of love from folks who love to teach. Our teaching guides will help you supplement in-classroom learning with fun, engaging, and relatable learning materials that bring history to life.
Inside each guide you'll find quizzes, activity ideas, discussion questions, and more—all written by experts and designed to save you time. Here are the deets on what you get with your teaching guide:
- 3-5 Common Core-aligned activities (including quotation, image, and document analysis) to complete in class with your students, with detailed instructions for you and your students.
- Discussion and essay questions for all levels of students.
- Reading quizzes to be sure students are looking at the material through various lenses.
- Resources to help make the topic feel more relevant to your 21st-century students.