History Of Labor Teacher Pass
Avoid student strikes with Shmoop.
No need to picket—we can make teaching the history of labor unions much easier than it seems.
In this guide you will find
- activities analyzing the critical milestones of the labor union movement.
- discussion questions looking at labor unions through a variety of lenses: labor, law, society, and more. (But where were these lenses manufactured?)
- resources showing students that labor unions are still a big part of society today.
Your class won't go on strike—and hopefully you won't either—with our teaching guide on your side.
What's Inside Shmoop's History Teaching Guides
Shmoop is a labor of love from folks who love to teach. Our teaching guides will help you supplement in-classroom learning with fun, engaging, and relatable learning materials that bring history to life.
Inside each guide you'll find quizzes, activity ideas, discussion questions, and more—all written by experts and designed to save you time. Here are the deets on what you get with your teaching guide:
- 3-5 Common Core-aligned activities (including quotation, image, and document analysis) to complete in class with your students, with detailed instructions for you and your students.
- Discussion and essay questions for all levels of students.
- Reading quizzes to be sure students are looking at the material through various lenses.
- Resources to help make the topic feel more relevant to your 21st-century students.
- A note from Shmoop’s teachers to you, telling you what to expect from teaching the topic and how you can overcome the hurdles.