The Charge of the Light Brigade Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Do you think this poem glorifies war? Does it criticize it? How can you tell?
- Do you believe that war is sometimes necessary? Do you think your feelings about that issue change the way you read this poem?
- Do you think someone could write a poem like this today? How do we celebrate the courage of soldiers in the modern world?
- Do events like this one from the Crimean War seem really far away to you? Did this poem make them feel more alive?
- Is it noble to follow orders without asking questions? This might sound like a loaded question, but we're serious. Did the poem make you see the issue differently?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...